To produce world class Mechanical Engineers, Researchers and good human being, to contribute towards Socio-economic, environmental and technological development of nation.
To make the department of Mechanical Engineering one of the best in region through
- DM1. Producing technically sound Mechanical Engineers and Researchers.
- DM2. Developing entrepreneurial capabilities so that they may contribute towards Socio-economic development.
- DM3. Inculcating the good human values.
The Mechanical Engineering department is considered as the heart of the institute. The strength of the department is the highly qualified faculty which guides the students during the programme. A mechanical engineer designs, develops, operates and maintains systems required for all what happens in industry whether in a power plant, space & nuclear establishment, steel plant, military establishments or automobile industry, etc.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs):
1. To impart quality education in Mechanical Engineering.
2. To develop Mechanical Engineers in accordance with industrial and social needs of the country and for international market.
3. To provide opportunities for ethical, intellectual and professional development.
Core Curriculum :
The syllabus is fully updated and made according to the present day need of the industry. The department of Mechanical Engineering is embellishing the following subjects that fulfill the technology needs.
Applied Thermodynamics, Product Development and Design, Machine Design, Strength of Materials, CAD/CAM, Industrial Engineering and Management, Entrepreneurship and Project Planning, Value Engineering, Organizational Behaviours, Automation and Robotics, Finite Element Methods etc.
The department provides the following labs:
- Material Science lab
- Measurements and Metrology lab
- Material Testing lab
- Machine lab
- Thermal lab Vibration lab
- I.C. Engine lab
- Heat Transfer lab
- Mechanical Workshop
- Kinematics and Dynamics of Machine lab
- CAD/CAM lab
Department provides exposure to it's students to softwares like MATLAB, and now is in the process of procuring Pro-Engineer & Finite Element Analysis software to further horn their skills.