Lab Area: 990 Sqfeet
Room Number: EC 110
Lab Faculty: Er Anum Khan
Lab Assistant: Mr Kunwar Singh
Lab Staff: Mr Jai Krishan Tiwari
Number of PCs: 20
- REC 452-Advance Electronics System Lab
- REC 554-CAD Of Electronics Lab-I
- REC 752/ EC 752-Electronics Circuit Design Lab
- EC 653-CAD Of Electronics Lab
- RIC 653-Control System Lab
- IC 551-Control System Lab
List of Experiments
Advance Electronics Lab (REC452)
1. To analyze all the clipper circuits using diode.
2. To analyze all theclamper circuits using diode.
3. To perform the transient analysis of the half wave and full wave rectifier
circuits using diode.
4. To study and analyze the input and output characteristics of CE BJT amplifier.
5. To perform the transient and frequency analysis of CE BJT amplifier.
6. To study the spice parameters of MOSFET and analyze the input and output
characteristics of CS MOSFET amplifier.
7. To perform the transient and frequency analysis of CS MOSFET amplifier.
8. To study and analyze Op-Amp based integrator circuit.
9. To study and analyze Op-Amp based differentiator circuit.
10. To study and analyze the RC phase shift oscillator using Op-Amp.
Beyond the syllabus:
11. To perform the transient and frequency response of MOS based Differential
12. To study Transient Analysis of BJT Inverter using step input & DC Analysis
(VTC) of BJT Inverter.
13.To study and analyze MOS Current Mirror.
CAD OF ELECTRONICS LAB- I (REC554)
1. (a)Transient Analysis of BJT inverter using step input.
(b)DC Analysis (VTC) of BJT inverter
2. (a)Transient Analysis of NMOS inverter using step input.
(b)Transient Analysis of NMOS inverter using pulse input.
(c)DC Analysis (VTC) of NMOS inverter.
3. (a) Analysis of CMOS inverter using step input.
(b)Transient Analysis of CMOS inverter using step input with parameters.
(c)Transient Analysis of CMOS inverter using pulse input.
(d)Transient Analysis of CMOS inverter using pulse input with parameters.
(e)DC Analysis (VTC) of CMOS inverter with and without parameters.
4. Transient & DC Analysis of NAND Gate.
5. Transient Analysis of NOR Gate inverter and implementation of XOR gate using
6. To plot frequency gain response of integrator and second order low pass filter.
7. Design and Simulation of a Differential Amplifier
8. Analysis of frequency response of Common Source amplifiers.
9. Analysis of frequency response of Source Follower amplifiers.
10. Analysis OPAMP based second order low pass filter and integrator
Beyond the Syllabus :
11. Design and analysis of Current Mirror ( NMOS) Wilson.
12. Design and Simulation of Instrumentation Amplifier( Op Amp based).
13. Design and Simulation of SRAM Cell (Single Bit).
REC 752: ELECTRONICS AND CIRCUIT DESIGNING LAB
Experiments using CADENCE VIRTUOSO
1. CMOS Inverter :
a) Design and verify the circuit (using 180 nm techonology) using transient
b) Obtain VTC curve and threshold voltage of inverter for a specific parameter,
verify with the value of threshold voltage obtained using formula.
c) Create symbol of this inverter for further application.
2. Design NAND and NOR gate using 180 nm technology perform all the
analysis using cadence virtuoso.
3. Design XOR gate by using NAND and NOR gate. Perform transient
4. Design 1-bit half adder using 90 nm technology and verify the circuit using
5. Design Full adder using 90 nm technology and verify the circuit using
6. Design a multiplexer using 90 nm technology and perform all the analysis to
verify its characteristics.
7. Design a MOS based SRAM cell using 90 nm technology and verify its
8. Design NOR gate using Domino logic CMOS inverter and verify its
9. Design CMOS transmission gate and perform all the analysis to verify its
10. Design XOR and XNOR gate using dynamic CMOS logic circuits and verify
11. Design Layout of CMOS inverter and perform post layout analysis, Monte
Carlo analysis, Corner analysis and etc.
Control System Lab ( RIC 653)
1 Different Tool boxes in MATLAB, Introduction to Control System Tool box.
2. Determine transpose, inverse values of given matrix.
3. Plot the pole-zero configuration in s-plane for the given transfer function.
4. Determine the transfer function for given closed loop system in block diagram representation.
5. Plot unit step response of given transfer function and find delay time, rise time, peak time and peak overshoot.
6. Determine the time response of the given system subjected to any arbitrary input.
7. Plot root locus of given transfer function, locate closed loop poles for different values of k. Also find out Wd and Wn for a given root.
8. Create the state space model of a linear continuous system.
9. Determine the State Space representation of the given transfer function.
10. Plot bode plot of given transfer function. Also determine the relative stability by measuring gain and phase margins.
11.Determine the steady state errors of a given transfer function.
12.Plot Nyquist plot for given transfer function and to discuss closed loop stability. Also determine the relative stability by measuring gain and phase margin.
Beyond the syllabus
13. Introduction to Simulink.
14. To obtain the transfer function of a system using Simulink.
ELECTRONICS CIRCUIT DESIGN LAB(EC-752 )
1. To design and verify the characteristics of CMOS inverter using ORCAD Capture.
2. a) To Design and verify a CMOS based NAND gate.
b) Using above NAND gate design and Verify EX-OR gate.
3. To design and verify a negative edge triggered Master slave D FF.
4. To study the DC and AC analysis of common source amplifier.
5. To design and find all the necessary parameters of Op-amp based instrumentation
6. To design and verify the universal biquad filter using op-amp.
Beyond the Syllabus
7. To implement NAND gate and its layout designing using Microwind .
8. To implement NOR gate and its layout designing using Microwind.
9.To design and implement 2:1 MUX using VHDL ON Xilinx ISE Design suite 14.7.
- Cadence Virtuoso
- Orcad Capture